While it is always important to maintain and tune up your car, cold winter weather is known to cause a variety of car problems. Any minor issues you currently have may grow worse when the cold weather arrives. If you haven’t prepared your vehicle for the coming months, check out these winter car care tips.
- Repairs and Maintenance – Have you been delaying regular maintenance or tune ups? Schedule an appointment today! It is important to have your vehicle running properly during the winter weather.
- Inspection – If you are taking your car to the shop, have them perform a thorough inspection. You need to have your fluids, brakes, belts, hoses, transmission, battery and exhaust all checked. These parts need to be inspected regularly, and it is important to catch any minor problems before they cause major damage. Low temperatures can stress these parts making them prone to malfunction.
- Visibility – Is your defroster working properly? Windshields constantly fog during the winter. You also need a reliable pair of wipers in case it rains, sleets or snows. If your wipers are old go ahead and replace them.
- Tires – Inspect your tires. How is the tread? Your car needs to be able to grip the road, and winter weather can create hazardous driving conditions. You also need to check the tire pressure.
- Coolant – If you haven’t changed your coolant in a while now is a good time to check it. Make sure it isn’t old and that your tank is full.
Your Gwinnett Auto Repair Experts
People experience car problems every year. Many of these could’ve easily been prevented had they taken the right precautions. Ensure your safety these winter car care guidelines! If you want the help of a professional, stop by Japanese Auto Repair. Our trusted mechanics have helped hundreds of customers throughout the area including Suwanee, Johns Creek, Duluth, Buford and the surrounding area. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email!